Thursday, September 18, 2008

Closed Early


I went to a store that doesn't see a lot of me.
And they didn't give me a chance to give them some of my business.
I don't buy a lot of cards in a year, Joy gets most of the cards we send to family and friends.

Oh, that reminds me of the time about 25 years ago and I was so proud that I had remembered to get an anniversay card for Joy. I handed it to her, I had written some sweet and caring things in it. She opened it, looked at me kinda strange, said "thanks" and I realized I had given her a birthday card on our anniversary. I felt really dumb.

Tomorrow is our 38th wedding anniversary and I wanted to get an anniversary card for my wife.
I admit, I was cutting it close, but I went up to the door, the lights were on, someone was "home", but the doors were locked. I pulled out my cellphone to make sure of the time and it was 8:58.
So, I pulled out my phone and took a quick pic.

Bummer.

But there was another store still open and I found a very nice card there.

Sorry Hallmark. What's their motto? Something about "when you care enough to send...."
I checked their corporate website and they don't say anything about closing early. I know.. I'm just having fun.
But maybe it's a good thing.
I "googled" "When you care enough to send the very best" and found that some conservative organizations are protesting Hallmark because of some of the new product they have developed.
Google it for yourself.

No comments: