Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Encouragement

These past five days following my resignation from First Assembly, Joliet have been unique and interesting.

The outpouring of love, concern, encouragement, positive support, counsel (some interesting aspects to that counsel I must say)...

Phone calls from Alaska to Florida.

Emails from Australia to Ukraine (wow, almost A to Z).


Flowers with a super encouraging note.

Scripture references given to me by people I deeply respect who are quietly, strongly so very godly. Most in the church wouldn't even know them, but these are prayer warriors that heaven recognizes immediately.

Isaiah 45:2

Isaiah 43:18-19

Ephesians 3:20

Luke 12:32


Thank you everyone... It has all given me heart.

2 comments:

Amy said...

And I wish I could do more: BE there, give you a hug, listen, support, scream for you, fight for you, stand up for you guys. But God has something else in store for you and Mom....
I miss you guys and hope that this transition brings you out west somehow... (Go West, Young Man!!!) :)

Meghann said...

Pastor, It is really sad to see you go, but I truly believe that God will do amazing things for and through you and your family!

Tell Joy that I said hi! Hopefully I will be able to come home and see you guys before you leave. I have planned to come home this next weekend and then Easter Sunday.

Take Care! God bless.