Saturday, January 5, 2008

“Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot…”




GOOD BYE 2007! I am glad to see you go.

This has been a year that I am glad to see in the rearview mirror.

“Should Old Acquaintance Be Forgot…” is the question of Burn's Auld Lang Syne and my answer is YES and NO.

I have learned a lot from this year... A LOT.
I have a list of things I have learned.
I have found, essential with any experience... good or bad... is to LEARN from it.
I have squeezed and will continue to squeeze the lessons from 2007.
I will post some...some I will not...
The full lesson lists may be available, but you have to know how to ask.


I HAVE LEARNED...
I can trust God. He is faithful
I can trust family. They are loyal.
I can trust friends. I have continued to be amazed at the friends (old and new) that have encouraged me.

I HAVE LEARNED...
People can be trusted...
People can't be trusted...
There are some people, who choose to rise to the surface, that are remarkable.
Unresolved "stuff" from the past will impact the present.

I HAVE LEARNED...
Values are the key. Outside of FAITH, values must line up.
Loyalty is like gold.
God has standards. You'd better know them and you'd better observe them.
GOD IS THE RIGHTEOUS JUDGE






Thanks to Steve Hahn for the brilliant graphic.

1 comment:

jet said...

great post, Dad!
sayonara, adios, tata 2007!
Sksutik (that's in eskimo!)

http://www.elite.net/~runner/jennifers/goodbye.htm
look at all the ways to say goodbye.