Saturday, May 5, 2007

Garden

Gardening requires lots of water

- most of it in the form of perspiration.

~Lou Erickson

Today, I prepared our garden for planting. My process is to first dig and break up the soil, then rototill it.


I am looking forward to

  • the garden fresh tomatoes
  • green beans
  • lettuce
  • cucumbers
  • zucchini

AND

Joy is looking forward to the green peppers (I like the taste, but they don't like me!)

The raspberries are making progress. In a few years, they should be producing very well.

For me, working in the yard and garden is therapy. I love seeing things grow.

You can bury a lot of troubles digging in the dirt. ~Author Unknown




How fair is a garden amid the

trials and passions of existence.

~Benjamin Disraeli

So sometime in August, I will go grazing through the garden.

There is nothing quite like a tomato, right off the vine, warmed by the sun.



No comments: