Sunday, August 19, 2007

COMFORT


What is it that causes you to feel comfort?

For me, on a Sunday night, it is Betty Sandwiches.

There is nothing like experiencing the aroma of bacon cooking as Joy begins the process of assembling these tasty treats.

The history of the Betty Sandwich is an Erickson history. Joy's mother taught Joy how to make them and Joy's mother learned about them from her sister.... Betty.
I only assume that Betty created them.

You start with toast (my favorite is whole grain or seven grain) slathered with mayonnaise.
Now bacon (turkey bacon) goes on.
Next comes sliced tomatoes (today, they are fresh from our garden!)
Now add slices of cheese - I prefer cheddar.
Next add sliced green olives (I only can tolerate green olives on this creation).
Then Thousand Island dressing and top off with sliced hard-boiled eggs.

Place in the oven under the broiler for three minutes and then serve.

YUMMMMMMMM.

Now, there are a lot of other things that are "comfort", but tonight thank God for Betty.

1 comment:

jet said...

and when you guys would have that... I prefer anything else ;) not my cup o tea!